CDs & IRAs
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) give you more options to set aside money and reap the rewards in the future. We offer great rates, help you understand how each works and which ones fit best into your plans.
Find a local branch now
- Standard CDs – Available with maturities from 3 months to 5 years.
- CDARS® – Access FDIC insurance on multi-million-dollar deposits while working directly with one bank and receiving on rate per maturity.
- Traditional IRAs – Contributions may be tax-deductible.
- Roth IRAs – Contributions are not tax-deductible, but earnings are tax-free when you begin making withdrawls.
CDARS®*, the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service® is the convenient way to access FDIC insurance on your CD deposits. Even with the increased FDIC coverage, you may need CDARS.
More CDARS insight from our team:
- One bank: Everything is handled through Newtown Savings Bank. Your deposits are broken into smaller amounts. FDIC-insured banks that are members of the CDARS Network issue CDs in amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum so that your investment is eligible for FDIC insurance.
- One rate: You earn one rate per maturity on each investment. Although you may be issued multiple CDs for a single maturity, they will all earn the same rate.
- One statement: You will receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDs – along with issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned and other details.
* Limits apply. Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into a CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with us. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us. CDARS and Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service are registered service marks of Promontory International Network, LLC.