COVID-19 Donation Update
Donations to Front Lines (so far $32,000)
- Food Pantry Donations -$11,000, $1,000 in each branch town + Hamden
- Danbury Hospital Emergency Supply Fund - $10,500 plus donated 240 n95 masks
- United Way of Western CT ALICE Emergency Fund - $2,500
- United Way Statewide COVID-19 Fund - $2,500
- Valley Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Fund - $2,500
- Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust - $2,000
- CT Housing Partnership –$1,000 Rent Bank Donation in Trumbull
Donation requests will be considered from local organizations that are providing resources for COVID‐19 relief, particularly in support of basic human needs in the areas of homelessness/housing services, food security, crisis intervention or medical support.
About the Foundation
On April 28, 1998, Newtown Savings Bank’s Board of Trustees voted to establish the Newtown Savings Bank Foundation as a Section 501(c) (3) organization, and to fund it with an initial contribution of $452,000, which was determined based on the size of the Bank and its capital position at the time.
Each year the Board of Trustees approves a budget that represents at least 5% of the fund balance at fiscal year end. Most of the funds are utilized to provide funding to non profit organizations that support families and individuals with financial need.
The Foundation traditionally provides at least one college scholarship donation annually with each of the Bank’s primary communities, and also provides a donation to at least one social service agency annually, usually a food bank, in each primary branch town.
Our primary goal is to invest in the health of the communities where the Bank does business, and to provide support and financial resources that benefit the following strategic sectors listed in order of priority:
- Social Services & Affordable Housing Initiatives
- Community Economic Development
- Health & Human Services
- Arts & Culture
Over time the Bank’s communities have expanded, and now include:
There are occasions where the Bank will support out of market organizations that serve the population in our primary communities, or organizations that exist in the towns that immediately surround our primary communities.
Community Support Requests
Every year, Newtown Savings Bank reviews hundreds of requests for support. We invite you to submit your request by completing a Sponsorship/Donation Request Form. You may submit this form along with any additional documents by emailing it to Community@nsbonline.com , dropping it off at any branch location or mailing it to Newtown Savings Bank, 39 Main St., Newtown, CT 06470 Attn: Public Relations Department.
To help you submit a comprehensive request, we’ve compiled a list of submission guidelines.
- Organization name and mailing address for payment must be included with submission
- Event and/or payment due date must be at least 30 days from date of submission
- Organization and/or event should serve one or more of our communities
- If an ad is requested, please include dimensions and other criteria including where to send
All requests will be reviewed on a weekly basis, and you can expect a response from the Bank within two weeks of submission. Please note that our decisions are based on a variety of criteria including budget, strategic sectors, geographic location and timing
We are always looking for opportunities to help. If you are involved in a charitable organization in the communities that we serve and need volunteers or board members, we would like to know. Please email us at Community@nsbonline.com and let us know where we may be able to lend a hand.
To receive updates about our community initiatives Like us on Facebook.