Personal & Auto Loans
Fast and flexible - our personal & auto loans just might be the easiest and most affordable financing option for you. We offer a variety of loans for almost any need – debt consolidation, vacation, refinancing, you name it.
Borrow as little as $1,000 quickly - usually the same day that you apply. Enjoy flexible payment terms that won't strain your budget. And get an extra 0.25% off already competitive rates if your loan payment is automatically deducted from one of our checking accounts for the life of the loan.
Apply for a loan now
View loan rates
- Bill Payer Loans & Debt Consolidation Loans – Pay off your high interest credit cards with our lower rate loans. Specially designed for debt consolidation, these loans directly pay the loan proceeds to your creditors on your behalf. Lower your interest rate even more by taking an extra 0.25% off if your loan payment is automatically deducted from one of our checking accounts for the life of the loan.
- Cash Reserve Lines of Credit & Unsecured Loans – Get overdraft protection to your Newtown Savings Bank checking account by sweeping the amount needed to cover a check. No bounced checks or overdraft fees as long as you borrow within your reserve line. Unlike many of our competitor's overdraft products, we automatically repay your credit line with funds from your checking account whenever you make a deposit.
- Collateral Loans – Funds tied up? Need to establish or repair your credit? Let your savings work for you by borrowing against your Newtown Savings Bank certificate of deposit or passbook savings account. Collateral loans allow you to borrow up to 90% of your account balance and repay yourself over time. Pay for a wedding, take a vacation or pay for the necessities of life. Choose from two payment options - interest only paid quarterly or monthly principal and interest payments.
- Credit Builder Loan – This product is designed for consumers who have little or no credit history. This will provide an opportunity to establish credit and begin to save money for the future. The repayment history will be reported to the credit bureau as a partially secured installment loan. The loan amount can be either $1,000.00 or $2,000.00. The consumer would receive half the proceeds at the closing, minus the $25.00 processing fee. The other half would be put in a Newtown Savings Bank statement savings account, held as security and released when the loan is paid in full. Deposits can be made to this account to build the savings balance.
- New Auto & Motorcycle Loans – Get a more efficient car and make your life more efficient at the same time. Not only will we loan up to 100% of sales price, but qualifying borrowers can even finance the accessories and sales tax.* A new auto is defined as one not previously titled with less than 10,000 miles.
- Used Auto Loans & Motorcycle Loans – Lower those high payments by refinancing your car loan. Or, just buy out your lease. We'll finance up to 100% of the retail price listed in the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) vehicle pricing guide on used vehicles and used motorcycles (Year 2000 or newer).*
- Boat & RV Loans –Purchase a new boat (up to 25 feet) or RV and borrow up to 100% of the sales price.** Or, purchase a used boat or RV (Year 2000 or newer) and we'll finance up to 100% of the retail price listed in the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) vehicle pricing guide.
We understand that with rising college tuition costs, it's becoming increasingly difficult for many families to afford higher education. That’s why we’ve partnered with iHELP™ Student Loans.***
iHelp Student Loans is a private education loan designed to meet the needs of students and their families with a competitive low rate and convenient repayment options. iHelp provides financing to cover the gap between the cost of your education and the amount you receive through grants, scholarships, and federal student loans.
Applying for your iHelp student loan is easy and takes just 15 minutes. Apply Now.
*A signed sales agreement must be provided. Title, comprehensive and collision insurance required. Vehicle must be registered in the State of Connecticut.
**A signed sales agreement must be provided. A UCC-1 lien filing may be required.
*** Loans are subject to final credit approval by the Student Loan Finance Corporation (SLFC). Newtown Savings Bank does not participate in the approval process.