Our savings accounts are specifically built to keep you – our friends and neighbors – safe, secure, growing and succeeding.
- NSBiSavings and NSBeSavings – Our internet-only online savings accounts with the same features as the big banks and those orange products but delivered from your community bank.
- Tiered Money Market Account – Maintain a minimum daily balance of $5,000 to earn interest and waive monthly account fees. Earn more interest with higher account balances.
- Basic Money Market Account – Earn interest with a minimum $20 monthly account balance, and have your fee waived with a minimum daily balance of $1,000.
- Statement Savings – Earn interest and save for your future needs.
- Passbook Savings – A great way to teach youngsters about saving.
- Great Prize Savings Account - Saving a little can win a lot. Learn more. See Official Rules for additional information.
- Great Start Savings Account - With our Great Start Savings Account, children can actively learn about the power of saving. Teach the little one in your life good financial habits. Learn more.
Let us help you calculate your options. We have some great Savings and Retirement calculators.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) give you more options to set aside money and reap the rewards in the future.
- Standard CDs – Available with maturities from 3 months to 5 years. Open now.
- CDARS ® – Access FDIC insurance on CD deposits that exceed the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000.
- Traditional IRAs – Contributions may be tax-deductible.
- Roth IRAs – Contributions are not tax-deductible, but earnings are tax-free when you begin making withdrawals.
- Access millions in FDIC insurance for deposits, both large and small, and enjoy the simplicity of banking through Newtown Savings Bank with convenient statement.
- Your large deposit is broken into amounts under $250,000 and placed at other FDIC-insured banks that are members of the IntraFi Network. These banks issue demand deposit accounts, money market deposit accounts and Certificates of Deposit (CDs).
- This is a convenient way to access FDIC insurance on deposits that exceed the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000 at any one institution.
*Placement of funds through the IntraFi Network Deposits service is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in the service agreements, including the Deposit Placement Agreement (“DPA”). Limits and customer eligibility criteria apply. Unlimited program withdrawals are available when using the demand option. Although funds are placed at destination banks in amounts that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”), a depositor’s balances at the relationship institution that places the funds may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before settlement for a deposit or after settlement for a withdrawal) or be ineligible for FDIC insurance (if the relationship institution is not a bank). As stated in the DPA, the depositor is responsible for making any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law. If the depositor is subject to restrictions on placement of its funds, the depositor is responsible for determining whether its use of IntraFi Network Deposits satisfies those restrictions. ICS and CDARS are registered service marks of IntraFi Network LLC, formerly Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.