Full Service Savings Accounts
Our savings accounts are specifically built to keep you – our friends and neighbors – safe, secure, growing and succeeding.
- NSBiSavings and NSBeSavings – Our internet-only online savings accounts with the same features as the big banks and those orange products but delivered from your community bank.
- Tiered Money Market Account – Maintain a minimum daily balance of $5,000 to earn interest and waive monthly account fees. Earn more interest with higher account balances.
- Basic Money Market Account – Earn interest with a minimum $20 monthly account balance, and have your fee waived with a minimum daily balance of $1,000.
- Statement Savings – Earn interest and save for your future needs.
- Passbook Savings – A great way to teach youngsters about saving.
- Great Prize Savings Account - Saving a little can win a lot. Learn more. See Official Rules for additional information.
Let us help you calculate your options. We have some great Savings and Retirement calculators.
CDs & IRAs
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) give you more options to set aside money and reap the rewards in the future.
- Standard CDs – Available with maturities from 3 months to 5 years. Open now.
- CDARS ® – Access FDIC insurance on CD deposits that exceed the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000.
- Traditional IRAs – Contributions may be tax-deductible.
- Roth IRAs – Contributions are not tax-deductible, but earnings are tax-free when you begin making withdrawals.
ICS ® **
- Through the ICS® service, you can access multi-million dollar FDIC protection on your deposit placed in money market deposit accounts.
- Feel good knowing your ICS® funds are eligible for protection that’s backed by the full faith and credit of the federal government.
- Put excess cash balances to work.
- Withdraw ICS® funds up to six times per month. Plus, make an unlimited number of program deposits as long as you stay within the program withdrawal limits.
CDARS ® ***, the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®, is the convenient way to access FDIC insurance on CD deposits that exceed the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000. More CDARS® insight from our team:
- One bank: Everything is handled through Newtown Savings Bank. Your deposits are broken into smaller amounts. FDIC-insured banks that are members of the CDARS® Network issue CDs in amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum so that your investment is eligible for FDIC insurance.
- One rate: You earn one rate per maturity on each investment. Although you may be issued multiple CDs for a single maturity, they will all earn the same rate.
- One statement: You will receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDs – along with issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned and other details.
**Placement of your funds through the ICS service is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures set forth in the agreements you enter into with us, including the ICS Deposit Placement Agreement. Limits and customer eligibility criteria apply. Program withdrawals are limited to six per month. ICS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC. ***Limits apply. Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into a CDARS ® Deposit Placement Agreement with us. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us. CDARS ® and Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service are registered service marks of Promontory International Network, LLC.