Our savings accounts are specifically built to keep you – our friends and neighbors – safe, secure, growing and succeeding.
- NSBiSavings and NSBeSavings – Our internet-only online savings accounts with the same features as the big banks and those orange products but delivered from your community bank.
- Tiered Money Market Account – Maintain a minimum daily balance of $5,000 to earn interest and waive monthly account fees. Earn more interest with higher account balances.
- Basic Money Market Account – Earn interest with a minimum $20 monthly account balance, and have your fee waived with a minimum daily balance of $1,000.
- Statement Savings – Earn interest and save for your future needs.
- Passbook Savings – A great way to teach youngsters about saving.
- Great Prize Savings Account - Saving a little can win a lot. Learn more. See Official Rules for additional information.
- Great Start Savings Account - With our Great Start Savings Account, children can actively learn about the power of saving. Teach the little one in your life good financial habits. Learn more.
Let us help you calculate your options. We have some great Savings and Retirement calculators.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) give you more options to set aside money and reap the rewards in the future.
- Standard CDs – Available with maturities from 3 months to 5 years. Open now.
- CDARS ® – Access FDIC insurance on CD deposits that exceed the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000.
- Traditional IRAs – Contributions may be tax-deductible.
- Roth IRAs – Contributions are not tax-deductible, but earnings are tax-free when you begin making withdrawals.
- Through the ICS service, you can access multi-million dollar FDIC protection on your funds placed in demand deposit accounts.
- Feel secure knowing your ICS funds are eligible for protection that’s backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government.
- Earn returns by putting your excess cash balances to work.
ICS Demand offers unlimited program withdrawals and program deposits.
CDARS, the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®, is the convenient way to access FDIC insurance on CD deposits that exceed the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000. More about CDARS:
- One bank: Everything is handled through Newtown Savings Bank. Your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed at other FDIC-insured banks that are members of the CDARS Network. These banks issue CDs in amounts under the standard maximum deposit insurance amount of $250,000.
- One rate: You earn one rate per maturity on each investment. Although you may be issued multiple CDs for a single maturity, they will all earn the same rate.
- One statement: You will receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDs placed through CDARS - along with issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned and other details.
*Placement of funds through the ICS or CDARS service is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in the service agreements, including the Deposit Placement Agreement (“DPA”). Limits and customer eligibility criteria apply. Unlimited program withdrawals are available when using the ICS demand option. Although funds are placed at destination banks in amounts that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”), a depositor’s balances at the relationship institution that places the funds may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before ICS or CDARS settlement for a deposit or after ICS or CDARS settlement for a withdrawal) or be ineligible for FDIC insurance (if the relationship institution is not a bank). As stated in the DPA, the depositor is responsible for making any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law. If the depositor is subject to restrictions on placement of its funds, the depositor is responsible for determining whether its use of ICS or CDARS satisfies those restrictions. ICS and CDARS are registered service marks of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.