Personal Checking Accounts
New Start Checking
All 6 of our Personal Checking options
- Free Checking – Our basic free checking account.
- Everywhere Checking – Free ATMs*across the United States.
- Student Checking – Free ATMs*across the United States, monthly fee waived for those under age 24 and may open at age 13 (under age 18 requires a parent joint owner).
- Interest Checking – Earn interest and the monthly service fee is waived with a sufficient balance.
- Flagship Checking – Free ATMs* across the United States, earn interest, free printed checks, and the monthly service fee waived with a sufficient balance.
- New Start Checking – Great way to get back into Checking.
All Personal Checking Accounts Include:
- Visa® Debit Cards
- 8 Starter Checks
- eStatements (Paper Statement option)
- Online Banking with free Bill Pay
- Free mobile banking**
- Mobile Deposits with NSBeDeposit. Just take a picture of your check.
At Newtown Savings Bank, we want you to get the most out of your checking account. For additional information view our Overdraft Privilege brochure or visit our Interactive Educational Center and choose the Overdraft Services module.
With a Newtown Savings Bank Visa ® Debit Card, your funds travel with you at all times in the most convenient and secure way.
- Write fewer checks
- Access your cash at our ATMs in 14 locations
- With an Everywhere, Student, or Flagship checking account you can enjoy free access and no ATM fees across the United States.
eStatements are available on all Newtown Savings Bank checking accounts. eStatements are electronic versions (pdf files) of your monthly transaction summaries, available within our Online Banking system.
If you don’t already have eStatements, sign up today. It's easy and it's free.
Telephone Banking - 844.211.1003
- Get current and available balance information
- Transfer funds and make payments between eligible accounts
- Check to see if a check has cleared or stop payment on a check
- Inquire about ATM or debit card transactions
- Activate your debit card
- Close your debit card if lost or stolen***
*** By using this option, neither you nor the Bank can reopen this card. A new card will need to be ordered by calling or visiting the Bank. 800.461.0672 or 203.426.2563.
Bonus Banking - You can log into Bonus Banking here.
*We will reimburse the fee within one business day of the transaction .
**We do not charge for mobile banking. Your mobile device provider may charge you fees. Please check with your carrier.