Home Mortgage Loans
Our team of lending professionals help you through every step of the mortgage process. We make everything about applying for and getting a mortgage a whole lot easier, one of the reasons we're one of the largest mortgage lenders in Connecticut. Our rates are low and our turnaround is fast. It’s value like this that will make your home buying experience a happy one.
Let's help you get started by selecting one of the buttons. If you're not sure, select Mortgage Bankers for personal assistance or review the additional information below.
Rates : Check out our most popular mortgage product rates.
Apply Now:If you are ready to complete your application or simply start it to finish later.
Mortgage Bankers:List of all Mortgage Bankers with contact information.
Rate WatchSign up for Mortgage Rate Watch.
RATE WATCH - Let Newtown Savings Bank keep an eye on interest rates so that you don't have to! We'll email you when rates reach your goal or if you prefer, we'll email current rate information on a regular basis.
Print a Checklist of the documents you'll want handy when you apply for a mortgage.
Credit Scores and Reports: Learn more about Credit Scores and more in our interactive video library.
Upcoming Mortgage Event List: Whether refinancing or buying, mortgage rates are still low. Stop in to meet with our mortgage lending professionals. Learn about loan programs available, including grant funds for eligible First Time Home Buyers. Free mortgage Pre-Approval letters will be issued on the spot to qualified candidates.* Walk-ins welcome!
Mortgage Product Types
- Fixed & adjustable-rate owner-occupied residential mortgages
- Jumbo Mortgages
- Land mortgages
- One-closing only residential construction loans with interest-only payments during construction phase
- Mortgages for non-owner occupied residential properties
First Time Home Buyer Program
Newtown Savings Bank offers programs specifically tailored to meet the needs of the First Time Home Buyer, making the dream of home ownership both easy and affordable.
Newtown Savings Bank understands that purchasing a home for the first time is an important decision and has developed both the tools and information that you will need to assist you in this process. We make your first time home buyer experience easy and affordable.
Because this is a First Time Home Buyer offering, some special conditions apply:
- You must be purchasing a home for the first time or you may not have owned a home in the last three years.
- Your household income may not be greater than $105,300.
- The property that you are purchasing must be located in one of the following towns: Bethel, Bethlehem, Bridgeport, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, Derby, Easton, Fairfield, Middlebury, Milford, Monroe, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Orange, Oxford, Redding, Ridgefield, Roxbury, Seymour, Shelton, Southbury, Stratford, Trumbull, Washington, Watertown or Woodbury
A few forms that may be of interest.
- ACH External Transfer
- (AFT) Automatic Funds Transfer from a Newtown Savings Account
- Borrower's Certification & Authorization
- Consumer Handbook on Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARM)
- Your Home Loan Toolkit – A Step by Step Guide
- What You Should Know About Home Equity Lines of Credit Booklet
Mortgage Pre-Approval Letters are available
Shopping for a home? Most sellers and realtors prefer to negotiate with pre-approved buyers. Not only are our mortgage professionals available to help you determine how much of a mortgage you can afford, but they can even provide you with a customized Pre-Approval letter* for each offer that you make.
*Pre-approvals are contingent upon verification of all data provided. This is not an offer of credit.