Home Mortgage Loans
As one of the leading mortgage lenders in Connecticut, we pride ourselves on making the process easy. Our Mortgage Bankers are here to help you through every step of the mortgage process from start to finish.
With low rates and a fast turnaround, we're ready to help you. Let's get started!
Newtown Savings Bank was listed as a top mortgage lender in Connecticut by the Warren Group in 2018.
Mortgage Bankers: Contact a helpful Mortgage Banker.
Rates: View our most popular mortgage product rates.
Rate Watch Sign up and receive rate emails or alerts.
Apply Now If you are ready to complete your application or simply start it to finish later.
- Fixed & Adjustable
- Land Mortgages
- Residential construction loans with interest-only payments during construction phase and one closing. Learn more about construction loans.
- Mortgages for non-owner occupied residential properties
First-Time Home Buyer and Affordable Mortgages
Whether you are a first-time home buyer, or you’re back in the market for a home with affordable financing, you’ll find programs at Newtown Savings with low rates and down payment options, reduced closing costs and flexible underwriting guidelines including:
- First-time Home Buyer Program from Newtown Savings Bank
Our Mortgage Bankers are ready to explain the programs available and help you through every step of the process.
These programs are for properties located in Connecticut, are subject to application and approval and certain conditions apply.
Shopping for a Home? Get Pre-Approved First!
Most sellers and realtors prefer to negotiate with pre-approved buyers. This helps you determine mortgage you can afford, but they can even provide you with a customized Pre-Approval letter* for each offer that you make. Get started today.
*Pre-approvals are contingent upon verification of all data provided. This is not an offer of credit.
Print a Checklist of the documents you'll want handy when you apply for a mortgage.
Interactive Learning Center: Use our free, interactive Learning Center to find out more about mortgages, home ownership, and credit scores.
- ACH External Transfer
- (AFT) Automatic Funds Transfer from a Newtown Savings Account
- Borrower's Certification & Authorization
- Consumer Handbook on Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARM)
- Your Home Loan Toolkit – A Step by Step Guide
- What You Should Know About Home Equity Lines of Credit Booklet