Personal Checking Accounts
Newtown Savings Bank checking accounts are designed to help make your life easier. All our checking accounts offer online banking, mobile banking and bill pay. We offer convenient services with insight and support from people you know and trust.
Open a Checking Account Online
Currently applications are not available on smartphones.
- Free Checking – Our basic free checking account.
- Everywhere Checking – Free ATMs*across the United States.
- Interest Checking – Earn interest and the monthly service fee is waived with a sufficient balance.
- Flagship Checking – Free ATMs* across the United States, earn interest, free printed checks, and the monthly service fee waived with a sufficient balance.
All Personal Checking Accounts Include:
- Visa® Debit Cards
- 8 Starter Checks
- eStatements (Paper Statement option)
- Online Banking with free Bill Pay
- Free mobile banking**
- Mobile Deposits with NSBeDeposit. Just take a picture of your check.
At Newtown Savings Bank, we want you to get the most out of your checking account. For additional information view our Overdraft Privilege brochure.
With a Newtown Savings Bank Visa ® Debit Card, your funds travel with you at all times in the most convenient and secure way.
- Write fewer checks
- Access your cash at our ATMs in 14 locations
- With an Everywhere or Flagship checking account you can enjoy free access and no ATM fees across the United States.
eStatements are available on all Newtown Savings Bank checking accounts. eStatements are electronic versions (pdf files) of your monthly transaction summaries, available within our Online Banking system.
If you don’t already have eStatements, sign up today. It's easy and it's free.
- If you are already an online banking user, just log in and click on the "eStatements" tab to enroll. Using a computer or a tablet, Login to Online Banking Now.
- If you aren't currently signed up for online banking, Enroll Now for Online Banking if you are using a tablet or other full screen device. Enrollment is currently not available using a smartphone.
Telephone Banking - 844.211.1003
- Get current and available balance information
- Transfer funds and make payments between eligible accounts
- Check to see if a check has cleared or stop payment on a check
- Inquire about ATM or debit card transactions
- Activate your debit card
- Close your debit card if lost or stolen***
*** By using this option, neither you nor the Bank can reopen this card. A new card will need to be ordered by calling or visiting the Bank. 800.461.0672 or 203.426.2563.
Bonus Banking - You can log into Bonus Banking here.
Checking Navigator - You can log into Checking Navigator here. This online program will provide you with some general information to help you better understand how checking accounts work, how to better manage a checking account and how to avoid overdraft fees.
*We will reimburse the fee within one business day of the transaction . **We do not charge for mobile banking. Your mobile device provider may charge you fees. Please check with your carrier.